Sunday, July 23, 2017

The healing garden and Bekah therapy

Wednesday found me in this beautiful, tranquil place.  It's called the healing garden at Gundersen Medical Center in LaCrosse.  The stone wall in the background is a wall of water, you can't tell from the picture but the whole wall is flowing with water.  


I spent a lot of time in here when mom was making her journey to Heaven a year ago.  


It is very peaceful, has a skylight and lots of plants and flowers.  The sound of water is so therapeutic for me.  It's a wonderful place to pray, have a coffee, and watch a Beth Moore devotional video, which is what I did on Wednesday.  I think this is going to be a regular thing for me.


This is from one of my scripture books, one that I made about hope...something I have been needing lately.  Well, I always need hope but as evidenced in my last post, I have been needing an extra measure of it lately. 



And a little aroma therapy added to the experience.


Saturday morning we piled in the car and headed down to visit Bill, Brittany and Rebekah.  Of course it was a wonderful time.  Bekah is changing every time we see her...getting even more cute, mobile, and expressive!  We saw some of her strong-willed-ness coming out already.  Could that possibly be from her mommy???  :)




Britt made me my favorite cake to celebrate my birthday...yellow cake with chocolate frosting!


Louie, our grandpuppers :)


Home-made "Cold Stone", one of our family's favorite treats :)


We played a new game...Catan.  I was confused for much of it (which should be no great surprise to anyone) but I eventually caught on and it wasn't too bad - for me, that's a positive statement.  I usually live by the rule that entertainment cannot require you to use strategy or thinking or too much brain activity of any kind because THAT'S NOT FUN!  But this was actually fun for me - not so much because of the game itself, but because of these crazy peoples...



Kyle loved it...and won!


And this happy little peapod joined Papa and Grammie in bed this morning in her jammies :)



Oh, Auntie Hopie, you're just the best :)



Chillaxin' with Uncle Kyle


Nappie time with Grammie...this girl is far too busy to nap for very long.






ROCK THAT 80'S HAIR, BABY GIRL!!!!!

  


No comments:

Post a Comment