Friday, January 11, 2008

FUN-GLAD-ULATIONS! (and other Kyle-isms)

Fun-glad-ulations: This morning, I was explaining to Kyle why he couldn't strip naked in the living room anymore to change his clothes. See, Vince and I are starting to implement some things with the kids NOW that we want in place in our new home together. Things like picking up after ourselves, helping out consistently with chores, mealtimes and clean up, doing daily devotions or "bible time" as we call it. There are a few more things unique to the boys and I that more civilized households probably already have in place, including (but not limited to) getting naked and subsequently getting dressed in private rather than in the living room. Oh, and peeing with the door closed. That's going to take some time. Anyway, I reminded Kyle that when we are all living together there will be girls in the house and no one (including the boys, I'm sure) wants to see his naked butt in the living room! He asked again when we will be getting married, and I said in five months, June 28th. (Aaaaak! Five months!! Did I just say that???) Kyle's eyes got wide, he got a big smile on his face, threw his arms around me and exclaimed, "FUN-GLAD-ULATIONS!!!!" Ha! I like that better than congratulations, it's much more descriptive. I think I will be using that from now on, just so you know!

Other Kyle-isms that I don't think I've mentioned before (there are many, many more but these are the most recent):

Dyna-poleo-mite : The movie Kyle wanted to watch one day, what d'ya think? GOSH!!! It's pretty much my favorite movie.

Clock-u-lator : The device that Kyle uses to wake himself up in the morning, otherwise known as an alarmclock =)

No comments:

Post a Comment