Thursday, April 03, 2008

One day at a time, sweet Jesus!

Well, here we are....86 days until the wedding!!! AAAK! Did I just type that?? Deep breath...ok. So what have we been doing for the past couple months?? Well, let's see...wedding plans are in full swing!! We are trying to keep things simple and intimate, but we are quickly discovering that even without all the elaborate formalities there is still alot to coordinate (where is Martin Short when I need him??) Vince is fully involved in the planning of all the details, not only to keep his future bride from having a mental crisis, but because he actually loves planning out each special detail together! From designing the invitations to choosing the music and calling the caterer, we are doing it all together. I'm not sure how common it is for a groom to be that involved in the planning, but I love it and am very grateful! He is so good at helping me retain my sanity =)

This is such a special time for us...and through all of the planning and waiting God is taking the opportunity to teach me some things (He's so good at that!) I'm learning anew that I need to take things one day at a time. If I look at everything that we have to do all at once, I get overwhelmed and I shut down. Then I don't get anything done and get even more stressed out. And worst of all, I don't enjoy it. God started teaching me this concept about 3 years ago when I began taking piano lessons. Pause....no, I'm quite sure He STARTED teaching me this concept long before then. But this is when I actually started LEARNING it!! I've always been the kind of person who doesn't like to wait for things. You have a surprise for me? Tell me! Tell me! TELL ME!!! It drives me crazy! If I have my mind set on a project or a goal, I want to get it all done today...well it doesn't work that way with piano. You can't jump ahead. I got so frustrated in the beginning....seriously, do I have to learn how to play "Oh Danny Boy?" Can't we just skip all this and go straight for the Elton?? Nope. You have to take it one step at a time and you don't see results right away. It's a process and requires patience and diligence, and slowly the fruits begin to unfold as you look back and see how far you've come.

So that's what I'm doing....as I look ahead to all the planning that we have yet to do as the days and weeks close in, I look back at all that we have already planned and done for our special day and it makes me smile =) I cannot WAIT to marry that man!!

So what else have we been doing?? Well, how about selling my house and buying a new one!!! That is an amazing story of God's provision, one that I will defer to my handsome groom to tell, as I know he's already composing a blog about it......your turn, Babe ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment