Monday, December 07, 2009

All I Can Say


Church yesterday morning was so awesome! As Vince and I were driving in for worship practice at 7am, the power went out in most of the entire town. We still don't know what happened, but there is probably a fried squirrel somewhere in the power grid, or something like that. Anyway, we waited around for a while. Then, not knowing if the power would come on in time or not, we decided to do an acoustic worship! We had two guitarists and a drummer, and no microphones...just us. Our pastor and several other people gathered all the candles in the building and we had our own candlelight service. It was amazing. I stood there, waiting and watching as everyone pulled this all together - no grumbling, no worries - just a confidence that we would worship and carry on no matter what the circumstances, and a confidence that God would show up.

And He showed up.

He used the opportunity to remind us that He wants us to be a light in a very dark world. People should look at us - those of us who bear Christ's name - and see something different. They should see hope in a world that reeks of hopelessness. They should see joy in a world that tries to manufacture it, but falls pitifully short. They should see peace, amidst the circumstances of our lives that taunt us and threaten to tear us apart.

It's so easy to feel like giving up. Even with Jesus, the human side of me wants to focus on my circumstances and forgets to keep my eyes on Him. But when I don't forget...when I don't give up...I realize and remember that He is there.

And I won't be tired for long.

* If you want to listen to this song, scroll down to the bottom of my blog and click on the music player. I promise, it will be worth it. This is one of my most favorite songs ever.

All I Can Say - David Crowder Band

Lord I'm tired
So tired from walking
And Lord I'm so alone
Lord the dark
Is creeping in
It's creeping up
To swallow me
I think I'll stop
And rest here a while

This is all that I can say right now
And this is all that I can give
This is all that I can say right now
ANd This is all that I can give
That's my everything

Oh didn't You see me crying?
And didn't You hear me call Your name?
Wasn't it You I gave my heart to?
I wish You'd remember
Where you sat it down

And this is all, this is all that I can say right now
I know it's not much
But this is all that I can give
That's my everything

I didn't notice You were standing here
I didn't know that
That was You holding me
I didn't notice You were crying too
I didn't know that
That was You washing my feet

And this is all, this is all that I can say right now
I know it's not much
This is all that I can give
Yea, that's my everything

4 comments:

  1. What an awesome service that must have been. God is so good at sending us reminders - we just need to be aware.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from Romania ,
    please read the blog – My heart His words – at Humbled and convicted , my friend Tammy Nischan wrote them the story and some pictures of some hungryes poors kids , what we try to help them for Christmas .Our LORD will be so proud of us if we will do something!
    I love you blog,
    sweet blessings and MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    Violeta

    ReplyDelete
  3. THank you Violetta,
    I just visited Tammy's blog, and I was in tears! Thank you so much for telling me about it, and for commenting on my blog. How did you ever find me??

    Have a wonderful, blessed Christmas!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi my dear ,
    i founded you on one list with christian womens blogs .
    So i1m always inspired by word of faithfull womens.Yes my dear thats was my life ...... but now i`m so happy i have the love om my JESUS in my life , HE is my air without HIM i cant live .... i cant breath.
    All what i`m doing i do without negative interest , i`m doing what our LORD learned to us , to love the neighbour and the poors !
    I hope that we will colect something for this kids .
    Of course we have many others pictures with poors kids and if you want to see contact me here email: tibivio72@yahoo.com
    and after i will have you mail so i can send you some news of here .
    Please show the pictures to others maybe we can do something !
    many sweet blessings , Violeta -Romania

    ReplyDelete