Sunday, July 22, 2018

Just a summer weekend

It's been a lovely and productive weekend.  Both Vince and I have had stressful weeks at work, so we needed a good weekend.  Yesterday, this is what the afternoon looked like at our house...first of all, tho, I can't believe how HUGE this flower box has gotten!!  It loves the shade.  I'm going to have to remember this for future summers.



Saturday afternoon found us doing various things around the house...me with the budgetting...


Vince fixing...something?


Kailey and Kyle lunching and talking...


Miss Goodview and the royalty court practicing their float dances...


And Macey at Vince's feet...she's such a daddy's girl.


Vince and I spend several hours this weekend purging and organizing things in our storage room. After a trip to Good Will and countless trips up and down the stairs, what we used to refer to as our "hoarder's room" is now neat and organized.  Hallelujah! We have only things we intend to use or keep as keepsakes, we can get to everything, and we even have a couple shelves of toys for the grandkids.  I did the same thing recently in our office, and the surplus from that project has been lining our hallway for the past several weeks, so it's nice to have that all put away. One room at a time, we are getting there.

Sunday morning started out with some sweet time with God and my husband, who made me a delicious breakfast.  I'm starting a new bible study...Seamless by Angi Smith, who is one of my favorite authors.  When the introduction makes me cry, I know the study is going to be amazing so I'm eagerly anticipating this one.  






After finishing the aforementioned storage room project by noon, we decided we needed a little time away, so we met Vince's sister and her husband in one of our favorite little towns...Lanesboro!  It's exactly halfway between Rollingstone and their home in Decorah, and luckily they were up for a spontaneous little getaway.  The drive there is always beautiful, no matter what the season.  We had lunch and great conversation at this great little place, Pedal Pushers Cafe.  Our sides were served in little flower pots, which Denise and I loved alot :)


After lunch we meandered around town and explored a few of their downtown shops, and ended up at the waterfall by the river.  It's actually a dam, not a natural waterfall, but still...the sight and sound of water and nature has become something I crave.  







No comments:

Post a Comment