Wednesday, February 05, 2020

Latte's, working out, and why I shouldn't be blogging

I shouldn't be blogging, it's 8:45pm and time for me to go to bed.  But it's also Wednesday and I am committed to doing a weekly update so here goes.  

This week has been a bit empowering.  I got an espresso maker and I am officially obsessed with it.  The reason I got it was because I love latte's, latte's are expensive, and there is a Starbucks in the clinic where I work.  IN the clinic.  Where I work.  A STARBUCKS!!!  

Instead of buying a latte as an occasional treat, I was getting one nearly everyday because THERE IS A STARBUCKS IN THE BUILDING WHERE I WORK.  And I've been working there for nearly four months, so you do the math.  

So now I'm the proud owner of my very own espresso maker, which I have to say is one of the best purchases I've ever made.  It's not only economical (should pay for itself in a month or two), but much healthier than the coffee I used to make with tons of artificial creamer.  Just espresso, soy milk and stevia...boom!  And they are heavenly.


I have also started working out in the mornings.  

At 5:15am.  

Yes, you read that correctly.  

I am getting up at 5:15 in the actual AM, working out, doing my devotions, and then getting ready for work.  It's been amazing!  I'm doing "Beach Body" workouts, "Barre Blend" to be exact.  It's a combination of barre ballet, pilates, yoga, and interval cardio training.  I'm pretty clunky about it so far, but in the spirit of my new commitment to being ok with not being perfect, I'm embracing it and considering it a success.

So that's it.  Short and sweet so I can get to bed relatively on time to get my 8 1/2 hours of sleep in (probably only 8 tonight...but again, ok with not being perfect).  

Oh yea...some examples of me winning this week with food:







No comments:

Post a Comment