Sunday, January 18, 2009

I'm here!!!

I'm here!!! I'm here!!! Can anyone hear me?? It's been so long since I've blogged that I'm afraid that everyone may have left! That's ok, I'll just keep talking anyway and pretend that someone is listening. I do that all the time anyway :)

Well, we survived and even enjoyed Christmas ~ our first Christmas in our new home, our new marriage, and our new family! I really tried to keep my stress level down regarding the holidays this year...I have a tendency to do to much, or try to do too much, and get all stressed out. I know Vince has done the same thing in the past, so we made a concerted effort not to do that this year and for the most part, we succeeded. We really enjoyed decorating our home, shopping together for the kids, and spending many evenings sitting by the fire after the kids went to bed. My favorite part about decorating every year is always my village. I LOVE miniature stuff, and I absolutely love my village! We put half of it on top of the piano, and the rest above the fireplace...




My other favorite thing to put out has become my Willow Tree nativity....Vince got me the original set last year for Christmas, and this year the kids gave me the 3 wise men.

Then there were all those stockings.....including two for the dogs, there were ten stockings lined up along the ledge in the family room!




We really enjoyed the decorations while they were up...it was fun blending our things together such as our snowman collection...it turns out we each had several snowmen that just happened to all look very cute together! But now, we have finally finished taking down all of these decorations that we had so much fun putting up. As of today all of our Christmas stuff is snuggly packed away again until next year and the house is starting to look normal again. As I speak, Vince is stuffing the last of our christmas cards to be mailed out this week (hey...at least we are getting them out, right?)

Besides all the decorating and shopping, we really did have a great time with the kids as well as both of our families. My sister came home from Nevada earlier in December for my family celebration, and then the weekend after Christmas we spent in Iowa with Vince's siblings...good times! So much preparation, and then it seems to be gone by so quickly. I wish I had time to elaborate on specific moments and such, but I think I better just continue on from here. We are marching along in this new year with anticipation and hope for all that 2009 has in store for us. 2008 was quite a ride so I really hope that this year brings some rest!

On a totally different note, I have to share this funny story...

Nick and Vince were goofing around picking on eachother the other day. Nothing too serious, just some friendly banter and hurling of insults which is a common occurrence in our house. It started off with Nick making a sarcastic comment to Vince, to which Vince replied "oh Nick, you need a hug..." and proceded to chase him around the kitchen island. For some reason Vince had a lightbulb in his hand, which Nick grabbed and said "here, I'll turn this on and maybe you'll have an idea!" That was the funniest thing I've heard in a looooong time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment