Monday, January 19, 2009

Sweating the not-so-small stuff

I wonder if God ever gets frustrated with me. When He tries, over and over, to teach me the same lesson...and time and time again I don't get it. How many times does He have to prove Himself to me before I truly surrender and trust Him with every aspect of my life? Even the little things? I think I trust Him with the big things...well, let me think about that for a moment. No, if I am being truly honest I struggle with those too. Big things like will all of our children grow up and follow the Lord? Will they fulfill His purpose for thier lives? Will I??

I can't honestly say that I always spend time in prayer about decisions before I make them.  I think sometimes I base decisions on wanting a change. I get restless, and I think I sometimes interprete my restlessness as God moving me to something new. Maybe that's true, and maybe it's not, but either way I am where I am and God has something to teach me. It's that trust thing again, and something about being content in all circumstances....things He continually works at teaching me. Will I EVER really get it??

"I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances." Philippians 4:11

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." Colossians 3:23-24

1 comment:

  1. Starting a new job is always tough. I have gone it more times than I like to addmit. We need to realize that if we don't take the step then God can't work. We need to go to Him. The door has no handle in the picture fo Christ knocking, to me that mean we need to make the decission to open it. You opened it with changing jobs, now God can work with that. I don't think we loose friends, we might not see them as often as we like but it leaves room for more growth. Life is ever changing and we or at least I like staying in the rut. I am comfortable where I am, God don't make me move. We need to change. The only thing that stays the same is change. God will open up oppertunities for you that you don't see now but will after it happens. Let God teach you that change is a good thing if we keep Him first and in focus.
    Keep in prayer and God Bless,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete