Saturday, February 21, 2009

I love today!

So my husband just made this *huge* pot of chili this afternoon. There is a chili cookoff tomorrow at church, and he's been looking forward to making his awesome, butt-kickin' chili for it for the past two weeks. His chili really is the best ever! I suggested that he make a double batch so that we could have some at home, so that's what he did. It smelled AWESOME!! I sat here savoring the aromas for the past couple of hours, and I was really looking forward to having a big bowl of it for supper...

However, apparently we speak different languages. Vince had given me a preview taste earlier, when I thought he was finished with it, and I said "Oh my gosh, yum! It's awesome! Perfect!" Apparently in Vinnish that translates into "add a crap-load more super-chili powder". Super-chili powder, is not your regular chili powder. It's my dad's secret creation that he makes by dehydrating all kinds of hot peppers and grinds them into a powder which he adds to absolutely everything, including pb&j sandwiches (I'm not kidding) and it's freakin' hot. So it was grilled cheese for me tonight. Oh joy. He did apologize, but I think he was secretly pleased with himself as I saw some beads of sweat on his temples...he loves chili that is so hot it makes you sweat! He SO owes me.

Anyway, we had a nice relaxing day today. Except for Vince getting called into work for a couple hours to deal with a computer network issue, we have been hanging out at home. Made pancakes this morning (which has become our Saturday morning tradition). Vinny & Hope helped and had fun measuring and stirring and chattering away. This afternoon while Vince was gone I got to take a nap...I LOVE taking a nap! And I don't get to very often so I was happy. Mix in some laundry, some bill paying, talking on the phone with my aunt, and the M&M's that Vince brought home for me and it has been a great day. Now I get to go play "Disney Scene It" with Vince and the kids :) After that, it's bedtime for them and a movie and cuddle with Mr. Wonderful :) I love today!

No comments:

Post a Comment