Friday, May 22, 2009

American Idol, and a break in the clouds!

I have always LOVED Kris Allen (this season's winner on American Idol for those not "in the know"). Right from the beginning of the top 12, I had hoped that Kris and Adam would be the top two! But truth be told, I was actually leaning more towards Adam as the winner. Now that I saw this...PRAISE TO THE LORD that he won!!! I hope he signs onto a christian label! This is Kris leading worship at his home church.



As far as a break in the clouds...I'm experiencing just that. Peace and rest in the Father's arms. Knowing that He has all things under control. That He is working all things out for good. Another lesson in trust, and not leaning on my own limited understanding of things.

"Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you." Psalm 9:10

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."
Proverbs 3:5-6

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Just found you off Mckmama's blog...saw you had 6 kiddos...I will be a mama of 6 in a few weeks (woohoo), and had to check you out. The funny thing is I have been doing EVERYTHING possible to not find out who won American Idol because our older 2 were out of town at Grandma's so we dvr'd it and were going to watch it tomorrow night... then I came to your blog. I had to lol because, 1: I should have known better then to turn on my tv or go on the web, etc, if I didn't want to find out (duh), 2: I must be a lunatic and the last person, besides my hubby and kids, that didn't know who won. I am so glad to see your post, though, because although I am a big Adam fan and I also am from San Diego, seeing someone that loves the Lord win, is a blessing!

    Following your blog now!
    xoxo, Veronica in CA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...I tried to post a comment and I got erased.. Anyhoo...Just wanted to tell you I found you off Mckmama's blog and am going to follow now! I am going to be a mama of 6 myself, within the next couple of weeks.

    I was also the last known person in the world to know who the AI winner was...I dvr'd it and was planning on watching it with my older 2 kids tonight since they were out of town during the finale... I should have known better than to think I could watch tv or go on the web, or leave my house for that matter and not find out, HA HA!! I am excited that a man that loves the Lord won, although I was also rooting for Adam, because he is GOOD and also from San Diego where I am from.

    Very cute blog, btw!!
    xoxo, Veronica in CA
    p.s. I see you have your 1st anniversary coming up!!! Did you save your top tier of wedding cake to celebrate?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Veronica!

    Sorry to be the first to "spill the AI beans"! But isn't that video awesome?!

    I'm a follower of your blog too :) Congrats on your soon to be 6th child! That's amazing!!!

    Yes, Mr. Wonderful and I are approaching our first anniversary. We didn't have an actual wedding cake, tho. We had two chocolate fountains and a display of fruit & other yummy things for our reception. But I am thinking that we need to go somewhere for dinner for our anniversary that has an AWESOME piece of cheesecake :)

    Thanks for your comment ~ blessings!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete