Saturday, May 02, 2009

I am feeling the need to correct my husband

He just posted on his blog about the *horrible* day we had garage sale-ing today. (Is that how you spell it? Garage 'saleing' looks weird. Garage 'sailing' looks like it should involve water. Garage 'saling' looks like it's missing something.) Anyway, I'd just like to make a correction to say that our venture was not nearly as terrible as he made it sound! We had somewhat of a good time, and the squabbles among the kids were minor and easily averted.

I will concede that last year's garage sale adventure COMPLETELY ROCKED!! But we got some good buys today....like the little table that I am currently typing on in our kitchen. We decided that we need to monitor the kids' computer activity more closely - not for any particular reason except that they are getting older and the things they could potentially expose themselves to is, well...scary to say the least. So we did two things...we purchased and installed "Net Nanny" and we moved the computer from the family room downstairs to the kitchen. I like it much better up here too, 'cause I can now sit in our sunny kitchen, which really is the hub of our house and I can be part of the comings and goings as I type. And I am also sitting under my apple shelf adorned with baskets and cutesy apple stuff and my "Basket Collector" sign! Happy day!



Oh, and can I just say that whoever invented vertical blinds, such as the ones that cover our deck doors on the right, needs to be slapped. They NEVER hang straight!

No comments:

Post a Comment