Saturday, December 04, 2010

In which I talk about all the fun we've been having

We have snow!!  It started late yesterday afternoon - the beautiful kind of snow where it was slowly falling straight down and looked so pretty on our deck in the moonlight.  We probably got about 8 inches or so, I know this not because I listen to the news (if you know me at all you are well aware that I don't watch the news and subsequently have no idea what is going on most of the time), but because we have this pretty, perfectly white cube of snow atop our square patio table out on our deck.  I'll post a pic of it as soon as I take one....oh the suspense. 

Our house has been hustling and bustling the past two days...last night Nick, Vinny and Hope each had a friend stay over, so there was lots of running, laughing, and generally loud silliness going on.  At 10:30pm the four older boys all emerged from downstairs wanting to bake a cake.  Vince was ready to put the kibosh on that, but after I accused him of being a scrooge and a fun-sucker, he conceded to letting them mess up the kitchen bake their very first cake from scratch.  I must say it was hilarious to watch.  I loved every minute of it.  I knew this would be one of those moments that they would remember as being so fun and crazy and special...and so would I.  They were still talking about it today.  I will remember it forever.

After all that craziness, and eating the cake (which actually turned out pretty good!) the kids were off to bed, where Vince and I should have gone but instead we stayed up until 2am playing "jukebox" on my iTunes playlist.  This is where I play a song, and he has to guess the artist and title of the song...and we then procede to sing it together at the top of our lungs with all the kids in the house asleep.  We play it alot in the car too, especially when we go on road trips.  But the kids aren't usually asleep then.  They are usually rolling their eyes and having seizures whilst being subjected to lots of 70's and 80's music.  Oh the horrors.  How ever will they survive being our children??

Today the kids went sledding with their friends, who ended up spending the entire day here...which incidently I love.  Vince took Vinny shopping to get new boots and some groceries, and came home to surprise me with a new Jim Brickman cd and Starbucks ornament :)  That's one of the many reasons I call him Mr. Wonderful (that and the fact that he is rubbing lotion on my feet at this very moment).  Mr. W made some awesome chili for supper, then all the kids grabbed their pillows, blankets, and santa hats and we snuggled up and watched the "Rollie Pollie Ollie Christmas" video, which is my boys' favorite Christmas movie.  It was an awesome Saturday...I got a nap, played my piano, got exactly no laundry, housecleaning or decorating done today, and I wouldn't change a bit of it.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have been making some great family memories!Your family is a lot of fun! I love the new pictures at the top!

    ReplyDelete