Saturday, January 25, 2020

It was a good day for a date day!

We knew before going to bed last night that we wanted today to be a date day.  It's been a while, probably before the holidays, since we had a weekend with no plans (and neither one of us were sick).

Our date days often don't have plans, we usually just kind of wing it.  We get in the car with a vague idea of where we are going, crank the tunes, talk about this and that, and end up where we end up.  It's therapeutic for us....a reprieve from our busy work weeks, gives our minds a big deep breath, and helps us focus on "us". 

Some of our best "us" memories are made on days where we didn't have a plan.

Today started with Mr. Wonderful declaring that we were going to Bonnie Rae's for breakfast and I wasn't mad about it.  I threw my hair into a ponytail, got dressed, and out the door we went...to the best breakfast place in Minnesota, right here in our little town.




Love this man.


Most of our date days involve coffee, and Cabin never disappoints...


They also very often involve Barnes and Noble, and today was no exception.  Since we already had our coffee for the day, we just sat and talked and I picked out some books that I want.  Most of the books I read tend to center around spiritual growth, but I also love memoirs.  People writing about their own life experiences are fascinating to me.  Especially stories about overcoming adversity of some kind.

And then, well, there is my fascination with serial killers, but that's a post for another day.

I left with two and added the others to my wish list. 


After picking up some bargains at Savers, perusing the mall, and restocking my body creams at Bath & Body, we decided on this new place for supper before heading back home...



Hot Chip!  What a great name!

It was awesome.  Good atmosphere - kind of a sports bar feel with industrial decor.  And the food was amazing, it may even beat out Newts as our favorite burger place and that's saying a lot.  


I love how they used mini jars with holes poked in the lids for salt and pepper shakers!

I also love my husband's dimples :)



I'm going to have to eat nothing but vegetables all day tomorrow to make up for this, but...worth it!

PS...this is my 400th blog post.  I think I should get a prize for that or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment