Wednesday, January 22, 2020

My Half-Brained Healthy Life Plan

I have a plan.  I'm calling it my half-brained healthy life plan and here it is:

1. Exercise 1/2 hour every day.
2. Drink 1/2 gallon water every day.
3. Half my food is fruit and veggies.
4. Get 8 1/2 hours sleep every night.
5. Run a half-marathon.
6. Baa haa haa...yea, right! Maybe a 5K, tho?

So, that's the plan.  Simple.

I've had this idea for years.  Up until now it's just been an idea, but now that I'm officially half a century old I figure it's about time to actually do it.  Commit.  Lay down my excuses, my doubts, my apathy.

It's time.

I've tried other things through the years to get healthier...books, pills, supplements, gym memberships, low-fat, low-carb, counting steps, counting calories.  Nothing has worked for me.  Not really.  Not because those strategies don't work, but because I didn't.  They were all either too complicated, too restrictive, or too something I wasn't willing to stick with.

I need something simple and practical, a plan I can live with for the rest of my life...and I think this one isn't half bad!

Ba-dum-bum!

That's all for now.  I plan on doing weekly updates on Wednesdays, starting today.

There, I said it.




No comments:

Post a Comment