Sunday, May 31, 2009

Our cups pots runneth over, and I'm allergic to myself

Almost a whole week without blogging! No particular reason except that we have been busy/tired/otherwise occupied.

This weekend we got alot done around the house ~ we put fresh mulch around all our bushes and trees and also planted flowers. I LOVE to do this!! Last year because of the wedding and moving and such I never got around to it, so I was extra excited to get to it this year. Vince and I went to a local greenhouse on Saturday and bought waaaay too many flowers. Then today the kids got in on the action and we filled all of our pots and planters. We still have a ton left (I went a little overboard) so we'll just need to buy a few more pots and fill them up. Bummer. Too many flowers. Oh the hardship.

We are trying something new this year....herbs. Vince planted rosemary, thyme, basil, chives, oregano, and sage in planters on our back deck. We are really excited about it! We'll be able to just chop some off anytime we want them. There is nothing better in cooking than fresh herbs. And we also love to chop up some fresh basil for our salads. YUM!!

I'll post pictures tomorrow of the flowers and yard (which thankfully no longer looks like the Clampetts :)

Now I have to go take a shower, because I'm full of pollen and dirt and mulch dust and I'm making myself sneeze...which I actually can do but that's a post for another day. Or not. Only a select few people know this about me, and we should probably keep it that way, so sssshhhhht!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lisa! I don't want you to think that I'm ignoring your blog, as I have made several comments on your Mr. Wonderful's blog in the past few days. Just tell your husband how truly wonderful he is!! I passed his blog entry on to my friends, as we were needing a huge dose of "don't worry". I'll fill you all in on the details later.
    Love ya!!
    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  2. God brought you two together because he knows you have the tools to conquer mountains, as well as the tools to help others (like me) conquer mountains!!
    Kari

    ReplyDelete