Friday, March 06, 2009

Letting God Be God!

I didn’t write this, but I may as well have! God just keeps pushing home the same message to me lately (and to Vince too, if you read his blog from yesterday you’ll know what I mean). This is from the “Blending a Family” March Newsletter that was emailed to me yesterday. I think it will bless you as much as it is blessing me today - unless of course you have it all together, never get stressed out, and never feel overwhelmed.

That’s what I thought…read on and be blessed!

The Calm in the Storms

I have been under great stress in the past few weeks. Many things seem to go wrong and I try and try to control the outcomes. I wake up in the middle of the night and start thinking, "What can I do? How can I make it better?"

I feel guilty when I do not get done the things I need to do each day. I constantly feel a "time crunch" - not enough time to take care of important people and things.

When I woke this morning I lay in bed and realized that I am burning myself out trying to control things that are out of my control. I can influence them, but I cannot change things (or people) that I am not in control of.

Yet, I have a loving Heavenly Father who is in control of all things. Jesus knew I would have days like these. In Matthew Jesus spoke to the crowd and said, "Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." (Matthew 18: 28-29)

Jesus, the resurrected Son of the one-and-only Almighty and Eternal God, is my Savior, Lord, AND Best Friend. Every day He sits at the Right Hand of Father God and intercedes for me. This morning His Holy Spirit lifted my burdens with the very words I write to you.

How about you?

Are you feeling overwhelmed?

Are there significant things in your life or family that are not going right?

Do you feel it is your responsibility to change the people or circumstances --- to be the controlling force in your life or theirs?

LET GOD BE YOUR GOD! Trust in Him --- Lay your burdens at the feet of Jesus and leave them there. (Lisa's note....this is what trips me up ALL the time, not the laying but the leaving).

Pray for direction everyday so you are only doing what He has for you to do.
Lean on your loving Lord and Best Friend! He will give you the rest you need!

"Delight yourself in the LORD and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD; trust in Him and He will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun." (Psalm 37-4-6)

"You (God) will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in You." (Isaiah 26:3)

"Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge." (Psalm 62:8)

No comments:

Post a Comment