Tuesday, March 24, 2009

See what happens?

This is what happens when I wait a week to blog. I try to think of ways to catch up and then I wonder 'where do I start?' because so much has happened in our lives since my last post and then I wonder 'should I just summarize things?' and then I think 'no, that isn't very much fun' but then I realize 'I don't have the time to type out everything that's happened in a whole week!' AAAK!

So I just sit here. And ramble on in long run on sentences :)

I look at my blog as a kind of real-time scrapbook slash journal. I don't tell alot of people about it because I don't want to be like "hey! look at me! I am really self-important and I write about myself everyday and you should really be interested in finding out more about ME!" (Toby Keith, anyone?)

There are two reasons that I have a blog. I like to write, and I want to remember. The cute things the kids do and say everyday...the special moments...the things God reveals to me...the fun times and even the challenging times that we have as a family. They are precious and fleeting and if I don't put them somewhere (they are not safe floating around in my brain) they may be forgotten. I do have real scrapbooks, but I am way behind and by the time I get the pictures printed and scrapped I will have forgotten alot of the little details surrounding the pictures. And this way I can share what's going on in our lives with everyone now, who would normally have to wait for a phone call or the annual christmas letter to know!

And there is also another very important reason that I blog...I love connection. I crave it. Connection and relationship is such a vital part of my life that if I go too long without it I start to feel an emptiness. So, this is a way for me to stay connected ~ to share our lives and a bit of my heart with those that I don't talk to or see everyday.

Check back tomorrow for some pictures of our weekend shenanigans...

No comments:

Post a Comment