Sunday, March 15, 2009

It was just a little white foamy thing...

...but it changed my life!

For the past who-knows-how-long, I have been tired. Exhausted actually. And I've been attributing it to our busy lifestyle, stress in my job, all of our life changes and the stress that inevitably comes with that, and just plain not going to bed early enough and getting the rest I need. I wear my breather (aka my C-PAP machine) faithfully every night but I still wake up feeling groggy and sometimes headachey.

While talking to Vince last night before bed, I told him that I didn't think my breather was working right, as I have also been waking up in the night completely congested. He said there must be something in the tubing or the airflow that is irritating my nose. Then it dawned on me...there's a filter in the back of the machine! A little white square foamy thing that I vaguely recall being told by my respiratory therapist to change monthly.

I honestly cannot remember the last time I changed it. It's been many months for sure. But what I pulled out was not a little white foamy thing. It was a little black foamy thing...ICK!!! No wonder I have been so exhausted. This poor little filter has been so clogged that it has been restricting the airflow, and thus interrupting the quality and quanitity of my sleep. And I am not even going to think about all the bacteria that I have been breathing in for who-knows-how-long.

Nope, nah gah dah!

So, last night I put in a nice clean little white foamy thingy and guess what....I slept like a baby! I woke up feeling so good, so refreshed...just like I did the very first night that I had my breather about a year ago! yay!!

Ok, enough about all of that...we are having a great Sunday! Church was awesome, and after that Hope had the opportunity to fulfill her lifelong dream. Seriously! Take a wild guess what that would be....

She was invited to be in...a...(drum roll please) MOVIE!
That's right, our lovely little drama queen budding actress made her official debut! Our pastor's daughter Jodi is making a movie for a school project and because she knows Hope and her love of all things diva, she invited Hope to have a part. I wish I had videotaped her reaction when I told her about it yesterday! Think lots and lots of loud gasping and giggling :)

So while she was busy doing that, Vince and I took the boys to get their hair cut. Just check out these handsome lads...
Nick says this is the *best* haircut he's ever gotten ~ prolly because he can still flip his bangs :)

Can you see the blue hair gel hi-lights?? As we were leaving, Vinny humbly said "I look so hot!" Yes you do, Vin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment