Thursday, May 06, 2010

Sleepy ramblings and a churchy word

It is soooo quiet here!  The kids are all in bed, and Mr. Wonderful is working late at church.  (In addition to his regular job, he is also the head of the technology ministry at our church.  They have been having some computer problems so he is there working on them tonight.  What a guy.  I'm pretty sure this will earn him some really sweet techy jewels in his crown.  Maybe ones with lasers.)  So now I'm the only one who is home and awake, and the house is sooooo quiet!  I'm not used to it, what with all the comotion that is normally going on at all hours of the day and night around here, I don't know what to do with myself.  Well, actually I do...sit here and ramble on my blog!  Lucky for you.

I haven't been sleeping well this week, which has made me tired during the day and exhausted in the evenings.  In fact, I'm falling asleep at the keyboard right now.  Literally.  My allergies are going in full force, and although my new prescription meds are working fabulously well on my normal allergy symptoms of itching and sneezing and what not, for reasons I won't go into (think nasal drainage - ewe, I said I wouldn't go into it.  And there, I just did.)  I have been up coughing at night.  Alot.   There is nothing worse than not being able to sleep when you are exhausted.  Ok, there are alot of things worse than that, but allow me a few minutes to whine, would you?  I have been getting up several times the past few nights to have a coughfest, blow my schnaz, take some cough syrup, and chastize myself for not being able to sleep.  I know it's not my fault, but who else am I going to be irritated at? 

I should be in bed right now, but instead I'm waiting for Mr. Wonderful to get home.  I don't like going to bed alone anymore.  Not only does it feel lonely, but I have grown accustomed to the sweet lull of Darth's breather and now I can't sleep without it....I mean him. 

Things with the daycare are coming along nicely.  I have several families who have expressed interest, but nothing in writing yet.  I am tempted to be nervous about the fact that in about a month I plan on quitting my job and I don't have any committed children yet (that sounds bad, you know what I mean).  Here is where I trust in God's provision and let Him work out the details.  I am doing what I can...I have the vision. I am making preparations and plans.  I am advertising and getting the word out.  And I am waiting on God to bring this to fruition.  That's a churchy word, isn't it?  Fruition.  I'm not sure people outside of the church use the word fruition. 

Ok, the house is no longer quiet.  Just now the car doors slammed, the back door opened and someone belched.  Ah, the special sounds of living with boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment