Thursday, April 29, 2010

Random Dozen - take one!

I stumbled upon another funny blog (of course I did, what else is there to do at 3:45am when you have taken Benadryl instead of Claritin at bedtime and are now waiting for the Claritin to kick in?)  I'm so glad I did because in this funny new blog I found the "Random Dozen", and thought it would be fun to partake.  This is a weekly blog carnival (don't I just know all the bloggy lingo) kind of like "Not Me! Mondays", except it's on Tuesdays.  I know, today is officially Thursday but I just found the blog.  Get off me, gosh! 






1. Have you ever been so lost that you were really afraid?  Really?  You are asking ME this?  If you know me at all you know that I am frequently unaware of where I am.  But have I ever been truly lost and afraid...yes.  One time that I can think of.  I was 19 and driving alone in Burbank CA for the day.  (Really, I'm not making this up.  It sounds high class, but it's really not.)  I was visiting my boyfriend at the time and he had to work that day, so he let me use his car to bum around town.  He either trusted me alot or he simply did not know me very well, because I can get lost driving around my own block.  (If you think I'm bad now, can you imagine me at 19?)  I was having the time of my life seeing the sights of Burbank, which of course had celebrities on every corner (not).  I was also a little bit too confident in remembering how to get back to where I was, and all at once found myself on a freeway with a sign that said "Los Angeles" population 500 billion, or something like that.  As soon as I saw that sign and realized that I was crossing over into the big city of death, I panicked.  Being a small town girl from Minnesota, I immediately imagined that I was within moments of being attacked by gangs.  This was years before cell phones, so I had no way of calling my boyfriend for help.  I did survive, however, once I found an exit and turned around.  I miraculously found my way back to where I started and parked it.

2. Have you ever been to an island?  Why, yes I have.  I went to Maui in 1996, and if you have ever been there then you know exactly why I have been begging people via my email address to take me there ever since. (It's takemetomaui (at) hotmail (dot) com).  I think it may very well be the most beautiful place on earth.

3. Are you more of a thinker or feeler?  I think I'm a feeler.  My emotions get in the way of logical thinking more times than not.  But you know what?  I like it that way.  (I think).

4. Do you tend to see issues or situations in life as black and white or shades of gray?  I tend to see things in tie dye.  I usually have trouble taking a stand on issues because I look at them from so many angles.  This can also hinder making decisions and if you think it frustrates me sometimes, you should try being my husband for a day.

5. If you were stuck on an island, what book would you hope to have with you (Let's pretend the Bible is already there, so you can't say that.)  Dang!  That's what I was going to say.  Well, then I'd pick the book I'm currently reading by Beth Moore "So Long Insecurity".  I have just finished chapter one and have already been laughing and crying.  It's really good.

6. What are you most afraid of?  My children not being saved.  They are, but they are young and the world is shouting loudly at them.  Nothing is more important to me than their salvation and their walks with the Lord (but they would tell you it's keeping their stuff picked up and not talking with food in their mouths).

7. Would you rather lose all of your old memories or never be able to make new ones?  What kind of question is THAT???  Oh my, I don't know if I can choose.  But if I have to, I'd say I'd rather lose old memories.  It would be so sad not to remember special moments, but I don't want to live in the past for the rest of my life.  I am trying to focus on today, and making everyday count.  But now that I think of it, if I made new memories they would quickly become old memories and then they would be forgotten.  See, tie dye.

8. Pretend I'm looking at a scrapbook page about you. There are three spaces for you to drop in individual pictures. What are those pictures of, and why did you select them?  I can't pick just three! 

This one is of my best friend Chris and I...we have been "BFF's" since 8th grade and my life would not be the same without her!!!  (We like to use alot of exclamation points !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)


This is my sister Donna and I.  She lives in California (tear) but we are closer than ever.  My life would not be the same without my big sis :)


The love of my life.....my Mr. Wonderful, on our wedding day.  Need I say more?


And our kids...who are loved more than they can imagine.


9. If you were re-doing your wedding, what would you do differently? (If you're single, tell me one thing you would do if you were planning a wedding OR huge party.)  Really, honestly nothing.  Our wedding day was beautiful and more than we dreamed it would be.  Ok, maybe one thing.  We would not put disposable cameras on the tables at the reception because we spent over $200 for alot of pictures of children taking pictures of eachother taking pictures.

10. Tell me one thing you know/believe about forgiveness.  That I don't deserve it, but God gives it anyway and that just blows my mind. 

11. You're waiting in a doctor's office. What is your favorite way to pass that time?  Read People Magazine and hope that strangers don't try to talk to me.  Sorry, I know that sounds really rude, but I enjoy the quiet reading time with no other distractions.  I don't have to be doing anything else at that moment but just sit and wait.  Now that I type that out, it sounds really nice.  I think I need to go to the doctor more often.

12. If there were a clone of you in a parallel universe what is one way you hope she/he would be the same as you and one way you hope she/he would be better?  I hope that she would know Jesus, and I hope that she would know Jesus more.  Oh, and that she would be a size 10 again.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you joined in the random...Lid puts the questions up on Tuesdays but wants you to wait and link until Wednesday. That's when she puts up the linky thing in her post. ( Obviously I know all the jargon too)

    I have daughters so I think I might file your helpful tabletop camera hint away for future reference : )

    ReplyDelete