Monday, November 09, 2009

Everything

As I was driving into work this morning, in my Monday morning slump - wondering how I will contrive the energy needed to give my best to the children I work with after a fragmented night's sleep - God reminded me of this...

Today is a new day!

Everyday is a new beginning!

And because of Jesus, everything I do has meaning and purpose and value. Everything.

As the sun shown down on me and on the bluffs along the Mississippi, I was reminded that I can be a light and a blessing in the lives of the people God puts in my path today. I can be a blessing because I am blessed. And it doesn't depend on whether I had a good night's sleep or not...whether I feel competent and confident or not...HE will give me the energy and the insight to do it!

"Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD." - Lamentations 3:21-26


3 comments:

  1. AMEN SISTA! :) WHETHER THERE IS BLUE CLEAR SKIES OR NOT. THE SON IS ALWAYS THERE! THAT IS SO COOL! ENJOY AND GIVE THANKS FOR THIS DAY! LOVE TO YOU! IT IS A CHOICE..AND YOU HAVE CHOOSEN WELL! HAVE A GREAT WEEK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say----WOW! LOVE the new design of your blog sight. So great of all the kids. BTW couldn't you have chosen another pic of me other then feeding my face ;) jk love ya!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete